7 Life Lessons from a bird
Every morning I wake up to these pretty little birds singing. I’m grateful that they choose the trees around my house as their home. I find it funny that we use the saying “birdbrain” to say someone is stupid. Actually birds are not that dumb after all and there’s probably a lot we can learn from them. Here are some simple lessons from the bird kingdom:
1. Be present and aware of your surroundings. When something’s not right, you have the right to fly away.
2. Show up early and often. Find something worth showing up for, and then show up every day. (Or at least most days)
3. Seize the moment..go grab that seed/opportunity! Don’t be afraid to shoot your shot!
4. Spend time with your flock. Birds seek strength and sustenance from one another. Keep good people close to you as you navigate your life.
5. Go with the seasons. Be fluid and go with the flow, trusting in your ability to always find your way. When you’re ready to move on, let go of the branch you’re clinging to and be confident in your ability to soar.
6. Perch and rest when you need a break. You don’t always need to be on the hustle. Take time for self care, which is sometimes just doing nothing.
7. Sing your song, so others can hear you. Remember, a bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Thanks for joining me!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton